Since I started this blog this is the first time that I have been dormant for so long a period.
I don’t know why but recently I have been feeling very sluggish. Mumbai weather is driving me crazy. It rained so heavily that I thought we would have a swimming pool on the street in front of our house. Since then it feels as if I am living in a desert because there has been no rainfall.
My life is turning into a frenzy with vaccination, dentist’s appointments, Insurance (personal, travel), booking tickets, shopping.
Recently I started the great mission of clearing out the things I did not need. Emptying out my cupboard was not as easy as I thought it would be. I am not a hoardist. But every little thing has some memory attached to it. Prioritizing favorites among different memories is difficult……….. Correction very difficult.
It was as if I was the only person who was in transition. The rest of my family though hyperactive was still constant and fixed. I was the variable.
Didn’t feel good.
I am already feeling a sense of loss of bereavement.
The problem is people around me are acting so cool. . It is making me feel as if I am overly emotional. The fact is I am not.
My parents and Sarang are more comfortable with the idea of me going abroad than people would have liked them to be. My relatives were shocked that I wanted to continue my studies after my marriage. They thought I would soon settle down in matrimonial bliss which means have kids, watch soaps, gossip, and living through other people.
People were actually outraged when I announced I was going abroad to pursue higher education. A few of them actually had the atrocious nerve to ask Sarang how he had permitted me to do this.
Sarang as usual was so cool about it that it left these nosy trouble makers embarrassed and feeling a little stupid.
Kudos hubby dear.
I suppose this is just one of those phases I am prone to time and again and that it will pass.
1 comment:
Enigma (me tuja naav tech thevlay),
U r right. But in today's world as koni karta ka? I am behaving a bit more and more realist! and i am aware that I am too critical.
Post a Comment