I was flying away ............. peeking behind clouds playing catch with birds and having the time of my life. Suddenly there was a rude noise........... a piercing one that woudnt go away........... groggily I opened my eyes to have my room-mate scream " FIRE". How can there be a fire I am flying, I thought. "No, wake up wake up" , the banshee who I thought was my room mate screeched. I pulled myself out of bed and looked at my wrist watch. It was 2 : 00 a.m. Just great. Then I looked out of the window it was raining. Even better, I thought. What would be better than evacuating in the middle of the night when it was pouring in central London. We walked down 8 stories and ambled out at our own sweet pace. People were in a horrid state. Some were barefoot, some in the most ridiculous of clothes and a few indecently clad. Well I thought One cannot expect a fashion parade when forced to get out of bed and evacuate the building in the middle of the night.
Then to add fuel to the fire, our sweet and gallant warden picked up the megaphone to murmur these words of consolation. He lovingly said, " Move you idiots Move. 50 steps to the East. Dont make me haul you there." I stood there wondering which direction was east ........ well I didnt know.. Then my friend dragged me in a particular direction. Looks like that is east was all I could think. We were completely drenched and freezing to the bone. Suddenly I remembered why I loved Indian Summers. London officially sucked at that very moment.
After what seemed a lifetime 2 fire engines came. Those monstorous firemen entered the building and then exited within 5 mins flat. I was so worked up by then that I wanted to see smoke. I didnt want to be dragged from my bed because some idiot burned toast and set of the fire alarm. And guess what thta was exactly the reason why the alarm went off in the first place.
Some one had indeed burnt toast. I WAS FURIOUS. That person ought to be shot, was all I could think.
As slowly as we had come down we proceeded to go back to our rooms.
I coudnt believe that I was soaked , freezing and in all probability suffering the initial signs of hypothermia because some one burnt their toast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well life goes on . The culprit was never found which was well, otherwise there would have been a murder that night.
I have never seen people agree so quickly to terminate some one's existence. The motion was passed in record time. And all the guys who played football for my university live in my residence so I guess a murder could have been a reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment