STUMPED !!! is what my reaction is to the finals of the world cup. I cannot believe France lost.
In my post match misery, I was left with a bitter after taste.
Everything was ok till the extra time when Zidane, the French captain who was playing his final match at 34, opened the scoring but lost his cool in extra time and butted Marco Materazzi and was sent off with the score at 1-1 with around 10 minutes to play.
The loss of their talisman and playmaker cost the French dearly as they lost momentum and their best penalty-taker. They lost the shootout 5-3, giving Italy their fourth title.
Well my French friends were melancholic to the point of distraction.
Thanks to Pierre's depressive eloquence, I picked up quite a few juicy phrases in French. Well atleast the evening was educational.
2 comments:
Yes the same question m asking too.. WHY??
i m not sad at the loss tht much as much i m for the way they lost :(
I picked up quite a few juicy phrases in French
ha ha.. pls enlighten me too.. will be waiting for ur mail with some juicy phrases at sudeep.sharma@neilsoft.com
till date i have learnt only foutre vous :)
i dint know u followed football!!
Post a Comment