Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Love

LOVE TRANSCENDS DEATH
People we love continue to touch our hearts and lives even after they are gone.

I have come to believe this axiom from the depths of my being. Not that I have experienced any para normal activity in my house, but the fact that thoughts about my loved ones continue to bring a smile on my lips.

Shelley aptly penned it in " Music when soft voices die", 1824
Rose leaves, when the rose is dead,
Are heaped for the beloved's bed
And so thy thoughts, when thou are gone,
Love itself shall slumber on.

What makes this bond of love so strong? I have often wondered.
Is it that Love is like a fantasy come true. The stronger it becomes the longer it is brewed.
So does that make love 'Nestle Kinjara'.

Maybe love is like sunshine that turns the sky gold.
Maybe it's a fragrance that thousand blossoms hold.
Love might be the pathway to dreams come true.
What I know as a certainity is that love is definitely a blessing, a privilege, gifted to you allowing you to competely unmask yourself.

Only a person who has truly basked in the glory of loving someone and being loved in return can comprehend my feelings. I would like to make this clear that
I am not a proponent of the unconditional love theory, because I beleive that every relationship is based on some parameters, boundaries - violating which is unacceptable.

A friend of mine once asked me what kind of love did I believe in - was it love at first sight or the harry met sally kind of a love. If love truly transcends death then how can love be at first sight or for that matter at any sensory perception or for that matter why do two people have to meet over 2 decades to finally realise that they have to spend their lives together. Can't it just be as Elizabeth Barret Browning expressed in ' Sonnets from the Portugese', 1850
If thou must love me, let it be for naught
Except for love's sake only.

Now a person who loves like there's no tomorrow truly lives. I do not mean that caution should be thrown to the winds instead love instills responsibility. Understanding that responsibility can help a person love another from the depths of his / her soul.
As Nikki Giovanni , 1982, said ' We love because it's the only true adventure.

Love is the most beautiful of emotions - because it is the most powerful. It has the power to create, to preserve, to destroy.

It is the holy trinity from which everything begins and ends.

Maybe Madonna hit the bulls eye when she said 'Love makes the world go round'.

On that note Cheers and Ciao.

No comments: