Confronting and solving problems is a painful process, which most of us attempt to avoid and the very avoidance results in greater pain and inability to grow mentally.
One of the reasons of this avoidance is fear of either the known or the unknown.
Fear is one of the most basic of human emotions. It is essential to ensure the survival of a species. Fear is the terror of not knowing whether there will be a tomorrow. Fear is the worry felt for the well - being of one's loved ones.
Fear like other emotions has a distinct path. There is irritation which turns into annoyance. If the environment persists it turns into worry. The final stage of this journey is fear.
True and unhindered fear is an experience that few people ever forget in a life time.
People who have performed acts of bravery also experience fear. What distinguishes them from the cowards is that they are willing to face their fears for a greater good.
Psychological warfare has its theoretical basis in the psyche of terror.
To inflict unimagined and unparreled terror is the aim of people who make the use of this tactic
Fear is a very crucial emotion for it drives almost the entire functioning of the world. From defence and foreign policies of nation - states to the stock markets, fear absoulutely dictates the functionality to make ends meet.
Fear in the 21st century is experiencing a paradigm shift.
Hence it becoms of essence to mold our responses and defence mechanisms accordingly. How does one ensure sovereignity and terretorial integrity in the age of globalization.
Here comes into picture what Samuel Huntington wrote about some decades ago, ' The clash of civilasations'.
It is as inevitable as the rising and falling tide.
And the winner, in the multipolar existence of ours, shall be the one who figures out the answer to this dilemma.
1 comment:
Fear - This one is hard to absorb.
I wont say it as a hasty decision making but my dissapointment is me being so wrong. But thats fine. I have accepted and changed. realist / pragmatist is difficult to say.
Last blog:
One thing which I did not like about ur last blog is something that I dont approve of.
Elephant story..
See, these questions by americans are not so wrong, if u think thru it. do u have elephants/cows/snakes etc? These are a result of our Kabir Bedis, Amrish Puris acting in English films and getting / bagging foolishly characters like maharaja, sultan, tantrik etc. These leave a wrong impression. One more fact that we always try to put our Indianness forward, to show that we are Indians, we might do the most foolish thing in the world, somehow to show that we are Indians. Live like Romans, when you go to Rome. I feel these questions will fade over time, now that India is gaining on many matters. But at the same time we should not forget that the best innovation is possible in this very country. In this country, I have learned many facts about myself, but by not showing that I am Indian 24 hours, I am more Indian than ever before.
I was asked by a good Amru friend of mine - Sagar, do you have any credit cards?Can you purchase things in Wallmart? I said ofcourse. I dint overreact, I know her very well. She was asking just out of curiosity. Similarly, I face questions about me being veggie and I answer them w/ similar ease. There is no need to get all psyched! Thats my opinion, since these questions have arised due to Indian behavior in last few centuries, and to change, time is the best med.
Post a Comment